During a tour of southern Israel on Thursday, Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant promised to lead Israel to a decisive victory against Hamas.
Gallant told soldiers who were preparing for a likely ground operation inside Gaza that they would be precise and forceful, and wouldn’t stop fighting until they fulfilled their mission.
The exact mission has been echoed throughout Israel’s military ranks up to its political leadership over the last two weeks since Hamas terrorists launched a surprise attack on southern Israel.
2 Weeks ago, Hamas started a war against Israel. This is what’s happened since then: pic.twitter.com/IGtIbeRuIx
— Israel Defense Forces (@IDF) October 22, 2023
Immediately after the attack that led to the death of over 1,400 people and the kidnapping of 210 people, Israel has said it will not stop this war until Hamas, its people, and its infrastructure are wiped out.
From Fox News:
Voices around the world have begun questioning whether Israel’s response is “proportionate,” calling for restraint as the civilian death toll in Gaza rises and demanding a cease-fire before this conflict drags in other, more nefarious, regional players
But Israelis remain steadfast, believing there is no choice — “It’s either them or us.” There is no room in the region for both.
Speaking to Fox News Digital, Eylon Levy, an Israeli government spokesman, reiterated Israel’s goal to destroy Hamas.
“Demanding a ceasefire from Israel is saying that Hamas should get away with what it did — and should keep its ability to do it again,” Levy said.
“Until we complete our mission of dismantling Hamas, urging a ceasefire is the pro-Hamas position.
“We’re talking about whole families cremated alive, burned until there was nothing left of the children but fragments of bone and ash,” Levy said, describing the sprawling attack on multiple communities and towns throughout southern Israel. “These images reminded us not only of ISIS but of the worst horrors of the Holocaust. Israel cannot allow this satanic terror organization to threaten its citizens any longer.”
On Friday night, two of the hostages – U.S. nationals Judith and Natalie Raanan – were released by Hamas, and on Saturday morning the United Nations confirmed that several truckloads of aid had crossed into the Gaza Strip from Egypt. Despite this, Israel continued its airstrikes in the Palestinian enclave, hitting key infrastructure sites used by Hamas terrorists.
In response to the calls for a ceasefire, Israel plans on releasing footage of some of the terror Hamas has inflicted on Israelis since October 7.
Israel is worried about the level of denialism in large parts of the world about the degree to which the Hamas terrorists murdered, tortured and mutilated Israeli civilians during their attack on October 7.
Tomorrow, they will show journalists uncensored footage from bodycams pic.twitter.com/YXNVkoGYnT
— Visegrád 24 (@visegrad24) October 22, 2023