Skip to main content
We may receive compensation from affiliate partners for some links on this site. Read our full Disclosure here.

Kevin Spacey: ‘I Learned My Lesson’, Ready To Come Back


Remember how Kevin Spacey would release a video on YouTube every Christmas Eve for a few years?

Well, the latest word on him is that he’s ready for more than that.

He’s ready to return to Hollywood.

With fresh allegations coming out from a recently released docuseries, Spacey is speaking out.

In his own words, he said, “I’m trying to show that I’ve listened. I’ve learned. I’ve got the memo.”

He also expressed a desire to move forward and get back to work, emphasizing his efforts to learn from past mistakes.

NewsNation reports:

Kevin Spacey said that he’s “learned” and that he wants “to get back to work” while discussing the new allegations of sexual misconduct made against him in a recently released docuseries.

“I’m trying to show that I’ve listened. I’ve learned. I’ve got the memo,” Spacey said Thursday night during his first live TV appearance in years, exclusively on NewsNation’s “CUOMO.” “I feel very strongly that whatever mistakes I’ve made in my life, that I paid a price.”

The two-part documentary “Spacey Unmasked” recently aired in the U.K. and is now streaming on Max. It features testimonies about Spacey’s alleged sexual misconduct, including a claim that he allegedly groped another “House of Cards” actor on set.

Spacey denies new allegations

Spacey, the Oscar-winning actor, denied the new allegations of inappropriate behavior from the men who were featured in the documentary.

Spacey, who won Academy Awards for “The Usual Suspects” and “American Beauty,” told Cuomo the MeToo movement was needed but believes the pendulum “swung far in the direction of unfairness.”

“Honest Journalism” is what Spacey said is needed for redemption. “I have to work very hard at rebuilding the trust that some may have lost in me. … I have, in fact, listened. I am ready to move forward. … I want to prove that I’m a man of great character. The responsibility for that is mine.”

Spacey said he had never done anything illegal and admitted that he struggled to get back to work after being acquitted last year of criminal charges in a London court.

In July, a London jury acquitted Spacey on sexual assault charges stemming from allegations by four men dating back 20 years. The court victory was his second since he saw off a $40 million lawsuit in 2022 in New York brought by “Star Trek: Discovery” and “Rent” actor Anthony Rapp.

The actor also claimed on X, formerly Twitter, that he had “repeatedly requested” that Britains’s Channel 4 give him more than seven days to respond to the allegations made about him in their documentary.

Spacey said the broadcaster refused “on the basis that they feel that asking for a response in seven days to new, anonymized and non-specific allegations is a ‘fair opportunity’ for me to refute any allegations made against me.”

“Each time I have been given the time and a proper forum to defend myself, the allegations have failed under scrutiny and I have been exonerated,” he added.

There is the small matter of most of his accusers dying.

Someone people aren’t buying that he’s innocent:

WATCH the full video:

What do you think?



 

Join the conversation!

Please share your thoughts about this article below. We value your opinions, and would love to see you add to the discussion!

Leave a comment
Thanks for sharing!