We have an update.
As WLT Report previously reported, authorities in California reported an active shooter situation at the Islamic Center in San Diego on late Monday afternoon.
A director of the Islamic Center has now shared a security guard, and two staff members have been confirmed dead after being fatally shot.
The suspected gunmen behind the shooting have both been “neutralized”.
MS NOW provided the following update on the shooting:
At least three people are dead following a shooting at the Islamic Center of San Diego on Monday, a mosque leader told MS NOW.
The deceased include a security guard and two staff members of the Islamic school on the center’s grounds, said Imam Taha Hassane, director of the mosque targeted in the shooting.
Police said the threat has been “neutralized” after responding to a reported active shooter situation on Monday.
Nearby Sharp Memorial Hospital said it is receiving patients.
“Our disaster procedures have been activated and we are coordinating with the County of San Diego and other resources to respond to the incident,” a hospital spokesperson told MS NOW.
San Diego Mayor Todd Gloria said he is “aware of the active shooter situation at the Islamic Center of San Diego in Clairemont and am continuing to receive updates from law enforcement. Emergency personnel are on scene and actively working to protect the community and secure the area.
The mosque, the largest in San Diego County, also houses the Al Rashid Weekend School, which teaches Arabic Language and Islamic Studies.
“May Allah grant him the highest rank of Paradise and protect everyone from harm,” Muslim civil rights group CAIR said in a statement. “No one should ever fear for their safety while attending prayers or studying at an elementary school. We are working to learn more about this incident and we encourage everyone to keep this community in your prayers.”
Here was the scene:
(WARNING THE VIDEO BELOW MAY BE GRAPHIC TO SOME VIEWERS)
🇺🇸 WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT
Active shooter at the Islamic Center of San Diego.
Police are on scene at the ICSD, the largest mosque in San Diego County, at 7050 Eckstrom Avenue in Clairemont.
Is that a police vest the victim's wearing?? https://t.co/SAVXAIS7vd pic.twitter.com/vjnFpx6qNq
— Mario Nawfal (@MarioNawfal) May 18, 2026
Watch MS NOW’s report:
BREAKING: There are now reports of THREE PEOPLE who lost their lives at the Islamic Center shooting in San Diego.
"There are two teachers or staff from the school to be more specific, that have been killed as a result of the shooting. That is separate from the suspects we are… pic.twitter.com/qCOu2HT0Zt
— Gunther Eagleman™ (@GuntherEagleman) May 18, 2026
CNN shared that the two suspected shooters have been found dead from self-inflicted gunshot wounds:
Based on a preliminary investigation, police believe that two men found near the mosque — dead from apparent self-inflicted gunshot wounds — were the suspects, multiple law enforcement officials briefed on the investigation tell CNN.
The men were found dead in a car, according to the officials.
Authorities are still trying to determine the details surrounding the shooting, the officials said. Police said that the threat is “neutralized” after the shooting.
ADVERTISEMENT
A San Diego police official has confirmed CNN’s report:
🚨 NOW: San Diego police official reveals officers confirmed 2 SHOOTERS DEAD after the Islamic Center shooting
3 deaths are confirmed.
ALL KIDS SAFE 🙏🏻
No further threat at this time.
h/t @RapidReport2025 pic.twitter.com/5OdEaMLCam
— Eric Daugherty (@EricLDaugh) May 18, 2026
Here’s a witness giving his account of the shooting:
Witness at Islamic center in San Diego heard around 30 shots fired. pic.twitter.com/4OGf8OY9Mb
— Open Source Intel (@Osint613) May 18, 2026
We will provide further updates as the details come rolling in.



Join the conversation!
Please share your thoughts about this article below. We value your opinions, and would love to see you add to the discussion!