BREAKING: Insider Flips On Ilhan Omar, Claims She Knew About The Rampant MN Fraud | WLT Report Skip to main content
We may receive compensation from affiliate partners for some links on this site. Read our full Disclosure here.

BREAKING: Insider Flips On Ilhan Omar, Claims She Knew About The Rampant MN Fraud


The convicted founder of Feeding Our Future is now pointing the finger at Rep. Ilhan Omar.

Aimee Bock told the New York Post from jail that she struggles to believe Omar would not have known about the massive Minnesota meal-fraud operation tied to the congresswoman’s own district.

That is an allegation from a convicted fraud defendant. No court has made such a finding against Omar.

The claim lands on top of trial exhibits, committee records, and unanswered questions that Democrats have tried very hard to keep from turning into a full-blown accountability moment.

ADVERTISEMENT

The story was already exploding across conservative media after the jailhouse claim surfaced.

Trending Politics summarized Bock’s jailhouse allegation from the New York Post interview:

Aimee Bock, the founder of Feeding Our Future, told the New York Post that Rep. Ilhan Omar “knew” about the $250 million fraud scheme that prosecutors say was engineered through the nonprofit during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Bock was convicted in March 2025 on federal conspiracy, bribery, and wire-fraud charges. She has maintained that she did not knowingly participate in fraud and has argued that she tried to alert state officials to irregularities.

Speaking from jail while awaiting sentencing, Bock said of Omar, “I struggle to believe that she wouldn’t have known.” She described contacts between Feeding Our Future and Omar’s office over USDA waivers that allowed pandemic meal programs to operate with reduced oversight.

The report says court exhibits from Bock’s trial showed Omar’s name appearing at least six times in emails and text messages. One February 2021 email chain reportedly carried the subject line “help with USDA food program,” and another exchange involving Bock was labeled “Ilhan’s Office.”

The report also says a text string between Bock and Omar was recovered during a raid of Bock’s home. The contents of those communications remain sealed, which is exactly why the pressure for subpoenas and document production is not going away.

There is a careful distinction here, and it matters.

Bock’s statement alone does not prove Omar committed a crime. It puts a serious allegation directly into the middle of a $250 million taxpayer-fraud scandal.

That is especially true because Omar’s office was already under scrutiny before Bock gave this interview.

ADVERTISEMENT

The Washington Examiner previously reported on trial exhibits and the Minnesota fraud committee’s fight for records:

Lawmakers on the Minnesota House fraud-prevention and oversight committee said Omar was refusing to turn over records of her office’s past correspondence with Aimee Bock, the convicted Feeding Our Future figure at the center of the case.

Documents containing communications involving Omar’s office were entered as government exhibits in United States v. Bock. The contents were sealed by the court, but the exhibit list and descriptions were public.

One exhibit cited a February 5, 2021 email chain between Bock and Omar’s deputy district director, Ali Isse. Omar community representative Natasha Rice was carbon copied, and the thread carried the subject line “Re: Help with USDA Food Program.”

Another exhibit described a February 18, 2021 email from Bock to Feeding Our Future employee Abdikerm Eidleh with the subject “Ilhan’s Office.” A separate exhibit mentioned a text-message string between Bock and “Ilhans Office,” recovered during the January 20, 2022 search of Bock’s home.

State Rep. Kristin Robbins argued Omar had some role, “whether inadvertent or not,” because Omar passed the MEALS Act in March 2020 and Robbins said that legislation took guardrails off the federal school nutrition program.

That is the part Democrats want to bury under process arguments.

If the records are innocent, release them. If Omar’s office simply helped constituents navigate legal programs, then show the public the communications.

ADVERTISEMENT

Instead, Minnesota lawmakers have been fighting to get basic answers.

A second viral post highlighted the same point after Bock’s interview: Omar faced the accusation after lawmakers had already asked her for records.

The official Minnesota House letter to Washington makes clear this controversy had already reached formal oversight channels.

In a May 7 letter to House Oversight Chairman James Comer, State Rep. Kristin Robbins asked for federal help:

Robbins wrote that her committee had invited Omar to an April 21, 2026 hearing to answer questions about her role in creating the conditions for the Feeding Our Future fraud scheme.

The letter identified Omar as the chief author of the Maintaining Essential Access to Lunch for Students Act, or MEALS Act, which passed as part of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act in March 2020.

Robbins said the MEALS Act removed important guardrails in the federal School Nutrition Program and allowed restaurants to participate in the program. She wrote that Omar had documented ties to people convicted in the Feeding Our Future case.

The letter specifically noted that Omar held her 2018 election party at Safari Restaurant and later appeared in a video promoting the MEALS Act that was filmed at Safari. Safari was one of the locations tied to the Feeding Our Future scandal.

Robbins asked Chairman Comer for assistance because, in her view, state investigators needed answers about Omar’s role and could not get them through normal voluntary cooperation.

And the underlying fraud was not small.

This was one of the ugliest COVID-era scandals in the country: money meant to feed poor children allegedly turned into luxury cars, real estate, and fake meal claims.

The Department of Justice announced Bock’s conviction last year:

ADVERTISEMENT

The Justice Department said a federal jury found Aimee Bock and Salim Said guilty for their roles in a $250 million pandemic-fraud scheme involving federal child nutrition programs administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

Bock was the founder and executive director of Feeding Our Future. Said owned Safari Restaurant and other companies that operated under Feeding Our Future sponsorship, making the Safari connection especially important given Omar’s prior public appearance there.

The jury convicted Bock of conspiracy to commit wire fraud, wire fraud, conspiracy to commit federal programs bribery, and federal programs bribery. Said was also convicted on multiple counts tied to the scheme.

Federal officials said Bock, Said, and others took advantage of a global pandemic to rob food programs aimed at serving people in need of hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars.

That is the context for the new allegation. This is a massive public-corruption scandal involving money that was supposed to feed children.

There is one more reason to be cautious and still demand answers.

Bock is a convicted defendant awaiting sentencing, and prosecutors have accused her of trying to shift blame.

MPR News reported on that prosecutor allegation:

Prosecutors accused Bock of trying to minimize what they called her starring role in the Feeding Our Future fraud by leaking protected documents from jail before sentencing.

The accusation came as Bock was awaiting sentencing after her conviction. Prosecutors argued that the leak effort was designed to shift attention away from her own conduct and toward public officials.

That matters because her allegation against Omar should be treated as a claim that needs evidence, not as a proven verdict. The proper answer is not to pretend Bock is automatically credible or automatically lying.

It also shows why sealed records and unanswered document requests matter. The public needs evidence, timelines, and communications, not partisan fog around stolen child-nutrition money.

ADVERTISEMENT

The proper answer is to open the records, subpoena the communications if necessary, and let the public see what Omar’s office knew, when it knew it, and what it did.

That is the bottom line.

If Omar had nothing to do with the largest pandemic-fraud scandal in Minnesota history, she should want the documents released and the questions answered.

But if her office was communicating with Bock and Feeding Our Future while the fraud machine was taking off, taxpayers deserve to know every detail.

The children were supposed to get meals.

The fraudsters got rich.

Now an insider is pointing at one of the most protected Democrats in Congress, and the American people deserve the truth.

This is a Guest Post from our friends over at 100 Percent Fed Up. View the original article here.



 

Join the conversation!

Please share your thoughts about this article below. We value your opinions, and would love to see you add to the discussion!

Leave a comment
Thanks for sharing!