A Los Angeles gun owner recently had his concealed carry permit temporarily revoked after a traumatic incident that saw the man fight off two intruders.
See the video here:
The L.A. sheriff revoked the permit because he was “yelling” at the police officers for improperly conducting an investigation three days after the attempted home invasion.
Fox News shares more on the story here:
A Los Angeles homeowner who used a firearm to fend off apparent would-be robbers at his home said his concealed carry permit was taken away just days after the residential-neighborhood shoot-out.
“After successfully defending my home and my family and my 5-month-old child, California has now decided to suspend my Second Amendment [rights],” L.A. resident and married father of one Vince Ricci said in a video for the NRA that was exclusively shared with Fox News Digital.
Ricci told Fox News Digital that the sheriff’s office called him Thursday morning to inform him his concealed carry permit was “revoked,” and he said it was due to him “yelling” at Los Angeles police officers when they visited his home to investigate the shooting three days after the incident. Ricci previously railed that the LAPD – the department investigating the case – carried out “sloppy police” work, including allegedly not picking up the casings scattered near his home as evidence.
“We recognize that this incident was extremely traumatic and startling for the Ricci family and we hope the individuals responsible for this crime are arrested and held accountable,” the sheriff’s office told Fox News Digital on Saturday evening.
The sheriff’s office told Fox News Digital Saturday evening that the Department of Justice establishes guidelines for CCW permits and that the sheriff’s office follows the parameters established by the agency.
“The CCW permit may be immediately reinstated as long as the permit holder has also followed all required CCW policies (i.e. proper notifications, use of properly documented weapon, etc.),” the sheriff’s office said.
“The DOJ has been notified and there are avenues for Mr. Ricci to re-apply for his permit. We have been in contact with the Ricci family and have been providing information to them about CCW protocols and guidelines in an effort to ensure their Second Amendment rights are protected.”
The sheriff’s office stressed that it “respects the rights of individuals to exercise their Second Amendment rights” and processes thousands of CCW permits and renewals each year.
I can sum up this story pretty quickly.
Power-hungry L.A. sheriff strips a citizen of his First and Second Amendment rights after rightfully being told to do his job correctly.
Shameful behavior from the L.A. Sheriff’s Department.
He should be sued.
Yet another reason to get your families out of enemy territory
Los Angeles man stripped of gun permit after defending himself, family from armed robbery in drivewayhttps://t.co/7jz7tLrEWh
— Dan Lyman (@realdanlyman) November 17, 2023
The New York Post shares more on the story:
Ricci said his situation was “unique” as it was caught on his home’s surveillance camera, but highlighted that many of LA’s crimes don’t have the same luxury.
He claimed the Democrat-led city was “sweeping it under the rug because it doesn’t behoove their political agenda.
The New York native, who has a five-month-old baby who was home during the attack, said that LA residents only have themselves and the Second Amendment to protect themselves against the dangers lurking in the streets.
LA DA George Gascon has been criticized for his soft-on-crime policies that have led to criminals being let out on the streets.
Democrat cities continue on the road to destruction because of their relaxed attitude toward violent criminals.
If you don’t press charges and hunt these people down, they will continue to be encouraged.